Nurses often face difficulties picking out the right shoes that match their profession, much more, when they have wide feet. Thus challenge exists because nurses require top-quality shoes that keep the feet comfy throughout the long hours they remain on duty. If you feel stuck, kindly take a glimpse of the best nursing shoes for wide feet below.
Feature of a Good Nursing Shoe for Wide Feet
Knowing the features of a good nursing shoe can help you out in picking the right one. Thus, the following are features that you should lookout for while shopping for a nursing shoe.
- Shape and Size: Nursing shoes come in varying sizes; nevertheless, the perfect one for you would be footwear that comes in the correct size. Again, you should look for more comprehensive fitting options and avoid narrow-fitting shoes.
- Breathability: Stinking feat is one problem that folks avoid, and nursing shoes with excellent breathability can help you avoid such, as it helps wick moisture away.
- Comfort: In most cases, nurses are either standing or moving from one ward to another, attending to patients. Hence, suitable nursing footwear comes designed with excellent comfort features.
- Durability: It is no use if your newly purchased shoe would not last long to serve its purpose. In essence, you should look out for suitable nursing footwear that comes constructed with durable materials.
Styles of Nursing Shoes
Nursing shoes come with many cushioning, as nurses tend to spend massive time on their feet for long hours. Thus, the following are the common types of nursing shoes.
- Clogs: This appears to be the most familiar option for nurses, and you can find clogs having closed toes and heels the fact that clogs seem spacious makes them suitable for nurses with wide feet.
- Sneakers: There are often emergencies that require nurses to run to and fro; thus, sneakers are best suited for these activities.
- Slip-Ons: Slip-ons are easy-to-use footwear that saves folks lots of time to wear and change when the need arises.
Nursing Shoes Fitting and Sizing Guide
The size of the shoe matters, as you would want your feet to remain comfy all day long. Nursing shoes should stay snug, not too tight, nor appearing too loose. In a bid to choose the appropriately sized footwear, kindly follow the guide below.
- Getting the Feet Measurement: You can get the proper measurement of your feet by measuring with a tape or ruler. Before then, it would help to trace each foot on a plain sheet and measure the drawing to get the length and width of your feet.
- Using the Size Chart: Shoe stores have different size charts for men and women. Once at the store, kindly match your feet measurement.
- Testing the Footwear: After picking suitable nursing footwear, it would further help to wear it and try it for a while to ensure sufficient space to accommodate your feet.
What are the Best Nursing Shoes for Wide Feet? Top 4 Reviewed
The many shoe options for nursing professionals make it tricky to make the right choice and more challenging for folks with wide feet. Nevertheless, the following are some excellent options that you can find.
- Rubber outsole
- Detachable footbeds
- Easy to clean
When choosing footwear for wide feet, clogs appear pretty spacious and offer remarkable comfort for folks with wide feet. The removable insoles are peculiar features for people who would prefer to wear the shoe without those footbeds. Furthermore, you would find the 1.5-inch heel offering excellent shock absorption.
- Detachable insoles
- Durable synthetic material
- Excellent cushioning
- It comes in limited color options
- 100% leather
- Vibram outsole
This version of the Jungle Moc shoe from Merrell is exceptionally lightweight and has a textured one-piece toe vamp top. The comfort features from this footwear are tremendous, and it appears pretty to wear and remove. The EVA footbed further supports the feet with added cushioning and excellent arch support.
- Excellent traction
- Suitable for varying temperature conditions
- It offers excellent flexibility
- It takes a while to break-in
- Leather top
- Spacious toe box
- Non-slip sole
This shoe is an excellent option for nursing professionals, as the cushioning protects the feet from fatigue during long-hour shifts. The added stability this footwear provides and its heel and arch support are pretty awesome. If you seek suitable footwear for folks with wide feet, you should know that this Dansko brand has a big toe box.
- It possesses an excellent arch support
- It has a lightweight midsole
- The toe box appears spacious
- The leather may appear scruffy
- Leather and textile material
- Cush+ midsole
- NB Ultra-soft comfort cushioning
The New Balance Men Trail shoe works effectively in keeping the feet relaxed all day long. The ultra-soft cushioning supports the underfoot. For a secure fit, the footwear comes with a comfort collar, further preventing possible irritations around the ankles. Again, the upper part of this footwear comes constructed with mesh material for additional breathability.
- Easy to clean
- Flexible sides
- Highly cushioned midsole
- It tends to run small
What should I lookout for while choosing a nursing shoe?
It would be pretty helpful to consider the comfort features and functionality of shoes before picking a suitable option that would take you through the day at the hospital. Again, it is crucial to choose options with durable materials and further consider your budget.
Are Clogs necessary for nursing professionals?
The type of shoe you choose would depend on your preferences. Nevertheless, nursing shoes should offer great comfort and free your feet from fatigue. Clogs are one excellent option that is easy to wear and keeps the feet relaxed.
Are nursing shoes expensive?
Nursing shoes come at different prices, and the one you pick would depend on your budget. However, it would be best to avoid very cheap options as they come in poor quality. Thus, it would help if you looked out for top-quality shoes that come at a fair price.
Are you searching for the best nursing shoes for wide feet? Then, it would help if you read through this review, as it holds excellent options that appear attractive and would keep your feet comfy. The products in this list possess various comfort features and seem highly durable.